There are many great long lasting lipsticks around these days but how can you make a regular lipstick last longer? Here are a few simple steps to applying and layering lipstick to make it last longer:
- Start by covering your lips with a light layer of foundation or concealer, don’t apply it too heavy on the inside as this can cause a demarcation line to form between the moist and dry part of the lip, so make sure the product fades out on the inside area. Finish with a light dusting of powder.
- Line and fill the entire lips with a lip pencil, this will give the lips a dry waxy layer to stick to.
- Apply your lipstick on top.
- Blot with a tissue then apply one ply of the tissue over your lips and dust some loose powder with a natural hair brush (not a synthetic haired lip brush).
- Apply another layer of lipstick.
If you want your lipstick to last then don’t apply lip gloss on top, if you do want to apply some gloss then don’t use too much and keep it more in the middle area of the lips this way it will act as a highlighter and wont bleed around the edges and transfer too much onto cups and glasses.